Old Gate of The Great Salah al-Din Mosque

Old Gate of The Great Salah al-Din Mosque

The old gate of the Great Salah al-Din Mosque in the Aqaba neighborhood before the Nablus earthquake of 1927.
The mosque was built on the ruins of a Roman Basilica. The western section of the structure was converted into a mosque in the 3rd century AH (9th century AD), while the eastern part was turned into a Crusader church in 1167 AD. In 1187 AD, after the city's liberation by Salah al-Din al-Ayyubi, the church was converted into a mosque. Restoration and modernization works were carried out during the Mamluk and Ottoman periods.
The mosque was rebuilt in 1935 after being destroyed by the 1927 earthquake. It is a rectangular prayer hall extending from east to west, with an eastern courtyard featuring a central water basin. The mosque has two external entrances: one on the east and another on the north.
 

باب المسجد الصلاحي الكبير

البوابة القديمة للمسجد الصلاحي الكبير في حارة العقبة قبل زلزال نابلس عام 1927.
ويقوم الجامع على أنقاض مبنى بازيليكا رومانية اقيم القسم الغربي منه كمسجد في القرن الثالث الهجري / التاسع ميلادي في حين انشئت في الجزء الشرقي منه كنيسة صليبية سنة 1167م وفي سنة 1187م تم تحويله الى جامع بعد تحرير المدينة على يد صلاح الدين الايوبي، أجريت للمسجد اعمال الترميم والتحديث في العهد المملوكي والعهد التركي العثماني . أعيد بناء المسجد عام 1935م بعد تعرضه للهدم بسبب زلزال عام 1927. وهو عبارة عن بيت للصلاة مستطيل الشكل يمتد من الشرق الى الغرب وله ساحة شرقية في وسطها بركة ماء وله مدخل خارجي شرقي واخر شمالي.
 

×

Old Gate of The Great Salah al-Din Mosque

The old gate of the Great Salah al-Din Mosque in the Aqaba neighborhood before the Nablus earthquake of 1927.
The mosque was built on the ruins of a Roman Basilica. The western section of the structure was converted into a mosque in the 3rd century AH (9th century AD), while the eastern part was turned into a Crusader church in 1167 AD. In 1187 AD, after the city's liberation by Salah al-Din al-Ayyubi, the church was converted into a mosque. Restoration and modernization works were carried out during the Mamluk and Ottoman periods.
The mosque was rebuilt in 1935 after being destroyed by the 1927 earthquake. It is a rectangular prayer hall extending from east to west, with an eastern courtyard featuring a central water basin. The mosque has two external entrances: one on the east and another on the north.
 


باب المسجد الصلاحي الكبير

البوابة القديمة للمسجد الصلاحي الكبير في حارة العقبة قبل زلزال نابلس عام 1927.
ويقوم الجامع على أنقاض مبنى بازيليكا رومانية اقيم القسم الغربي منه كمسجد في القرن الثالث الهجري / التاسع ميلادي في حين انشئت في الجزء الشرقي منه كنيسة صليبية سنة 1167م وفي سنة 1187م تم تحويله الى جامع بعد تحرير المدينة على يد صلاح الدين الايوبي، أجريت للمسجد اعمال الترميم والتحديث في العهد المملوكي والعهد التركي العثماني . أعيد بناء المسجد عام 1935م بعد تعرضه للهدم بسبب زلزال عام 1927. وهو عبارة عن بيت للصلاة مستطيل الشكل يمتد من الشرق الى الغرب وله ساحة شرقية في وسطها بركة ماء وله مدخل خارجي شرقي واخر شمالي.